With our Research Council partners, we are contributing to the scientific body of evidence about workplace health, policy, environment, systems and benefit strategies related to tobacco use prevention, nutrition, and physical activity. We are also building evidence relating to leadership engagement and effective management of wellness efforts. See our Research Agenda for more details.
Research Council advisors and collaborators
- Dr. Alice Ammerman, DrPH, RD – Director, Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (a CDC Prevention Research Center) and Professor, Department of Nutrition, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health and School of Medicine
- Dr. James Michael Bowling, PhD – Professor, Department of Health Behavior, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Christine Lampkin – GlaxoSmithKline
- Dr. Kathryn Kolasa, PhD, RD – East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine
- Dr. Laura Linnan, ScD – Director, Carolina Collaborative for Research on Work and Health; Professor, Department of Health Behavior, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Meg Pomerantz – Project Director, Carolina Collaborative for Research on Work and Health
- Dr. Hazhir Rahmandad, BS, PhD – Professor, College of Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Dr. Anna Schenck, MSPH, PhD – Director, Public Health Leadership Program and NC Institute of Public Health and Associate Dean of Public Health Practice, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Angie Wester – Disease & Case Management Coordinator, NC State Health Plan
How to Partner with Us
We are looking for interested research individuals from various sectors with experience in workplace health and prevention to develop opportunities for research collaborations. In addition to 18+ years of experience working in the field of prevention, Prevention Partners also has a wealth of data collected through its web-based platforms for improving employee wellness, patient tobacco cessation, and student wellness.